Saturday, May 26, 2012

Coop - Day 3 Afterwork work

Coop with door with out window
I had a a little bit of time this week in the evening after work to put some time into the coop.  I was able to get the door built, then I realized I needed a window.  So, I came back another evening and cut a window into the door, put shingles on the roof and caulked the coop.
I had a small strip of acrylic from a shelf project more then 10 years ago laying around so I used it to make the window.  I needed something that let me quickly look into the coop but I am a little worried that about the lack of ventilation on this side.  It will be nice in the winter, but I hope it doesn't get too hot in there in the summer with only 1 ventilation window.

I also made a litter fence inside the coop.  This piece of wood is removable and with the smooth finished laminate flooring, cleaning and sweeping out of the bottom of the coop should go pretty quick



My last few steps with the coop is painting it and getting the roof added.  I hope to get that done this weekend so I can start building the run!



No comments:

Post a Comment