Sunday, May 27, 2012

Chicken Coop - Done!

Finished chicken coop
After recently getting the roof completed, painting main part of the coop white and caulking the coop, I was able to finish the coop today!!!  I am happy because I wanted to have it done at 8weeks and I beat that by about a week. I also completed the coop for about $100 and 15 hours of time.  The only materials I really needed to buy was 1 can of white paint, hinges/latch hardware and a variety of wood. Siding, caulk, screws, posts, acrylic, whiteboard wood are all materials left over from other projects.

I added a natural branch for a roost and covered up the nesting box access
I used 2 screws to put a piece of wood over the nesting boxes to keep the chicks out until they are closer to 20 weeks.

Chicken coop with main access door opened 

Main access door and nesting box with latches

I got a handle and lock added to the main access door and a handle and latch on the nesting box.  To be honest with you, I added the latches for predators but my real worry is not from animals, I am more nervous about the dumb ass drunk college neighbor kids jumping our fence and messing with the chickens...

Ventilation window and roof

Chicken door opened and ramp allowing chicken access to the run




No comments:

Post a Comment