Thursday, May 17, 2012

6 weeks

The chicks huddling and enjoying a new layer of wood chips. You can really see Belle's bigger size and comb in this photo.  Mermaid is the one on the left and little Princess Aurora Sleeping Beauty is at the bottom buried in the chips.
Where has time gone?  Its seems just like yesterday that we brought our sweet little cute chicks home and the house was filled with a sweet chirp chirp chirp.  The chicks are now 6 weeks old and getting huge!  I REALLY need to get the coop done A.S.A.P.!!  Not only are the chicks out growing their current condo, the wife has had enough of the dust.  I don't know why, but the chicks are VERY dusty animals.  Maybe it is something with the change from fuzz to feathers, but the bathroom they have been living in has literally a measurable layer of dust on everything.  It doesn't bother me, much...
1- I am a guy
2- I am the only one who uses the bathroom for showering and other bathroom duties
3- I know I will be remodeling it in the next year or so.
Regardless, I want this to be a happy experience for everyone in the family so I went to the local HomeDepot tonight and starting buying wood for the coop.  I got as far as cutting the 4 feet of the coop to length and the bottom of the coop cut to 3'x'4. There is a bike race this weekend, a baby shower, a friends daughter's 2nd birthday and a VW car show... so we will see how much really gets done on the coop. Wish me luck!

Belle - 6 Weeks old




No comments:

Post a Comment