Thursday, April 12, 2012

Week 1

1 Day old                                                                                                            1 week old

Well, we have had our chicks for 1 week now.  I am still very much amazed on how quick they are changing. We check on the chicks about every hour when I am home.  I like to make sure that Lucy comes in with me to say hi to the little girls and gets a chance to pet them too...

Its been a fun week but I am having trouble keeping the water dish clean of shavings.  As soon as I stopped using the newspaper for the bottom of the box, I have had to clean the wood shavings out of the water about every hour. I gotta figure out a way to raise the waterer to keep the shavings out but keep it low enough for the chicks. I hope a solution comes to me soon...
Chicks and their pine flavored water!  ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment