Saturday, April 28, 2012

3 Weeks old

Mermaid - 3 Weeks
So the chicks are 23 days old now.  I keep saying that I am so surprised how quick they are growing but I really mean it.  The chicks are only have a little bit of fuzz on their heads left and are eating a ton!
Their chocolate red color is also really coming in too.

Sleeping Beauty Princess Aurora - 3 weeks
One of the other things I have noticed is Sleeping Beauty's smaller size and the term "pecking order" comes to mind.  I think she isn't getting as much to eat as the other chicks.  Belle is kinda the big chick bitch in the box and seems to push out the other chicks from the feeder.  Its hard to see but its natural and the way of the world.
Belle - 3 weeks
So, what do you call a chick thats not quite a chicken but also not quite a chick?  A PULLET!  A pullet, is kind of like a teenage chicken.  A pullet kind of reminds me of a high school kid having sex. They can lay eggs like a chicken but aren't quite old enough to take care of 'em.  ;)   Our chicks are definitely at that middle school age now and will be full pullets very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment