Friday, April 6, 2012

The chicks arrive!

I got a call today at work. It was the Golden Mill saying our Rhode Island Reds arrived! After work, the family loaded up and stopped by the store.  $12 later ($4 per chick), we took our new chickys home.

I had some names picked out, but Lucy wanted to call them "Princess Aurora Sleeping Beauty", "Belle" and of course "Mermaid". I'll ask again tomorrow and see if her princess inspired names have stuck! :)

Its been a long time coming... So here are a couple photos and I'll post a video soon.

3 comments:

  1. Also, how apropos that one of my garden blogging friends just posted about feed for chickens: http://gardenally.blogspot.com/2012/04/chickens-love-treats.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Austin Katina for the comments and chicken tetherball post! :)

    ReplyDelete