Sunday, May 5, 2013

Chickens in Golden

So, the other day I took the kids down to the Golden Mill to see their latest shipment of chicks. My little boy loved watching the chicks.  It reminded me how CUTE they are and how QUICK the chicks grow!

After that, we were on our way along the Clear Creek bike path to the park and stopped by the Historic Park to check out the chickens down there.  It looked like the chicken house was getting a new roof and the chickens were on "vacation" over in the goats house.  This confused my daughter quite a bit...
I really enjoy living in a "smaller" city where chickens are a normal everyday occurrence.  I have noticed, as many of you may have noticed too, but people are circling back to bringing our lifestyles and food sources back to home. 

1 comment:

  1. I just wish our HOA would rewrite the rules so we could clearly have chickens (and bees...bees would be good too). Of course, there are those in the neighborhood who have Pet chickens instead of Farm chickens, so I guess there is a way around the rules...like there usually is.

    ReplyDelete