Monday, November 12, 2012

Winterizing

Little man helping me get the chickens ready for the cold.
This weekends forecast had some temperatures in the teens overnight so I started getting the coop and chickens ready for winter.  The first thing I bought was a Thermocube which is an electrical outlet that turns on at 35 deg on off at 45deg for $11.  This thing is so simple but I was surprised that this was the first time I had seen it.  I'll be using this to run the deicer but you could also use this to run a heat lamp as well.

I got the De Icer for $29.99 from Amazon.  Another simple thing that I have never seen before.  Other then purchasing these two items and plugging em in, there is not much more to do to winterize the chickens.  As long as they have warm water, they are good to go in the cold.  I even got 4 eggs on Sunday!  I'm still trying to figure out how 3 chickens laid 4 eggs in one day...

The deicer in the water bucket

No comments:

Post a Comment