Tuesday, July 17, 2012

14 Weeks

Princess Aurora and Mermaid saying hi to each other - 14 Weeks

So, the chickens are now 14 weeks old.  About 8 weeks or less and we should have eggs!  Its been a fun summer with the chickens.  I let them free range as often in the grass as possible and have even gotten to the point where I can open the coop door to let them out, then after a couple hours, they meander and walk themselves back into the coop. It is nice to see them learning and keeps me from looking like a fool running around trying to catch 3 chickens.
Belle - 14 weeks old

1 comment:

  1. Nice, I'm guessing Lucy named them? As you can tell they will get a little smarter and most of the time they go into the coop on their own. But catching them will get easier too, mine do this thing where you get close to them and they just squat down and shudder. It's totally pathetic and makes it look like you've beaten them, but you can just scoop them up like that. I like your out door roost! I'll try that.
    Have you switched feeds yet? we realized a little late that you stop giving them chick feed and start giving them layer feed around that age. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete